(Cover photo credit: Louisville Athletics)
Nancy Worley, University of Louisville Athletics
The University of Louisville women’s tennis team took the doubles point and then four singles matches to notch a 5-1 win over long-time rival Cincinnati Sunday afternoon at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center.
The Cardinal pair of Olivia Boesing and Abbie Pahz beat Natalia Abdalla and Harley Hutchison 6-3 at No. 3 before Elle Stokes and Jessie Paul combined forces to down UC’s Antonella Bramato and Katya Bure 7-5 at No. 2.
In singles, Cincinnati scored first with a 6-1, 6-1 win at No. 1 by Ali Miller over Jessie Paul. But it was all Cardinals after that. Abbie Pahz rolled Katya Bure 6-3, 6-0 at No. 4 to push the Cards to 2-1. Elle Stokes defeated Harley Hutchison 6-3, 6-4 at No. 5 before Olivia Boesing clinched the match with a 6-3, 6-3 win over Hannah Wille at No. 6. Sena Suswam added another point at No. 3 with a 6-4, 4-6, 10-7 grinder over Antonella Bramato.
The Cardinals return to ACC play on April 8 when they host Georgia Tech at 3 p.m. at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center.
Tennis Match Results
Cincinnati vs Louisville
Apr 03, 2016 at Louisville, Ky
(Bass-Rudd Tennis Center)
Louisville 5, Cincinnati 1
1. Ali Miller (CIN) def. Jessie Lynn Paul (LOU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Lauren Bellinger (CIN) vs. Ariana Rodriguez (LOU) no result
3. Sena Suswam (LOU) def. Antonella Bramato (CIN) 6-4, 4-6, 10-7
4. Abbie Pahz (LOU) def. Katya Bure (CIN) 6-3, 6-0
5. Elle Stokes (LOU) def. Harley Hutchison (CIN) 6-3, 6-4
6. Olivia Boesing (LOU) def. Hannah Wille (CIN) 6-3, 6-3
1. Lauren Bellinger/Ali Miller (CIN) vs. Sena Suswam/Ariana Rodriguez (LOU) no result
2. Elle Stokes/Jessie Lynn Paul (LOU) def. Antonella Bramato/Katya Bure (CIN) 7-5
3. Olivia Boesing/Abbie Pahz (LOU) def. Natalia Abdalla/Harley Hutchison (CIN) 6-3
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (1,4,5,6,3)