Louisville Orthopaedic Clinic is proud to sponsor the weekly “Coach’s Corner”, featuring a high school coach from women’s athletics in the local community. Since 1974 the Louisville Orthopaedic Clinic has served the local area for orthopaedic problems and musculosketal issues. The sports medicine program has team physicians for local high schools which provide sports physicals and urgent care for athletes. Click here for details on SPORTS INJURY URGENT CARE.
This week’s “Coach’s Corner” feature is Tony Young, head softball coach at Holy Cross High. If there is a coach you’d like to read about, email suggestions to email@example.com.
Played baseball through college and fished with the Fishing League Worldwide
2) How did you obtain your current coaching position?
Through a recommendation from Art Williams
3) Who do you look up to?
Clint Myers (Auburn Softball coach)
4) What are two primary goals you have for your team this season?
Repeat as All “A” state champs and win the 6th Region
5) What is the hardest part of coaching for you?
Keeping kids focused; always believing what I am teaching them.
6) What qualities do you hope to instill in your players that they can take with them to their families, careers, and society?
Hard work is rewarded. Show up on time ready to do your job, and respect!
7) How do you motivate your best athletes to work even harder?
Letting them know that even though you may be happy with where you are at, someone is always out there working to be better than you.
8) What is one mistake you’ve made in your coaching career, and what did you learn from it?
Worrying what others may think about a decision made on the field. Never try and please anyone just make the best decision for our team.
9) How do you handle criticism from parents, athletic director, the media, and others?
Know that if I had the player and the team’s best interest in mind, nothing else matters.
10) What is the greatest philosophy you live by?
The sun will always come up tomorrow, but do everything you can today to be your best.
Louisville Orthopaedic Clinic & Sports Rehab Center Contact Information
Main Office (Louisville): 502-897-1794
Satellite Office (New Albany): 812-920-0408
Physical Therapy: 502-897-1790
Find us on Facebook here