Every week, the Louisville Women Sports Network highlights a local athlete by asking her 20 profile questions. This week’s athlete is Ta’Neshya Allen. She is a rising senior who sprints and runs hurdles for The Academy @ Shawnee’s track and field team. If there is an athlete you’d like to read about, email suggestions to email@example.com.
2) What is your number and why did you choose it?
3) What is your favorite subject in school?
4) What are your academic goals?
A and B honors
5) What are your athletic goals?
Be the best athlete I can be, run in college, and participate in the Olympics.
6) What is your favorite athletic moment?
When I dropped my time and won the 300 hurdles in the region
7) What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
Fruit and energy bars
8) What is your favorite Louisville restaurant?
Waffle House and Bob Evans
9) What athlete do you most look up to? Why?
Serena Williams – she works very hard to be competitive.
10) How have sports impacted and/or inspired your life?
Sports gives me something to look forward to and an escape from all the negativity around me.
11) What is your favorite movie?
12) If they made a movie about your life, what actor would play you?
13) What is your favorite TV show?
14) What song do you listen to when getting ready for a game?
“March Madness” by Future
15) What is your favorite book?
“The Freedom Writers Diary” by Erin Gruwell and Freedom Writers
16) What is your favorite color?
17) If you were on a desert island and could have one possession, what would it be?
Art supplies so I can draw and paint my memories
18) Who do you consider to be today’s best female role model for young women?
19) If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
Maya Angelou: “What inspired you to write about your life and motivate others?”
20) What is the best advice you have ever received and who gave it to you?
“The only true failure is when you stop trying.” – Albert Epstein