Every week, the Louisville Women Sports Network highlights a local athlete by asking her 20 profile questions. This week’s athlete is Mia Beam. She plays for Sky Diggs AAU Basketball and is a rising freshman at Christian Academy of Louisville. If there is an athlete you’d like to read about, email suggestions to email@example.com.
“Beam” from my mom
2) What is your number and why did you choose it?
#22 because it was my dad’s number
3) What is your favorite subject in school?
Math or P.E.
4) What are your academic goals?
To achieve a 4.0 GPA in high school
5) What are your athletic goals?
To play in college
6) What is your favorite athletic moment?
Making it to the Final Four at state or Top 12 at nationals with Sky Diggs
7) What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
Strawberries and salads
8) What is your favorite Louisville restaurant?
Fiesta Time Amigos
9) What athlete do you most look up to? Why?
Mia Hamm. She has my name and birthday, and she was an outstanding athlete.
10) How have sports impacted and/or inspired your life?
They have taught me discipline, commitment, teamwork, and friendships that will last a lifetime.
11) What is your favorite movie?
12) If they made a movie about your life, what actor would play you?
13) What is your favorite TV show?
“One Tree Hill”
14) What song do you listen to when getting ready for a game?
“Fly” by Nicki Minaj ft. Rihanna
15) What is your favorite book?
“The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green
16) What is your favorite color?
Food for sure
18) Who do you consider to be today’s best female role model for young women?
19) If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
Michael Jordan: “How did you get motivated for every game?”
20) What is the best advice you have ever received and who gave it to you?
“Give 110% every time your feet hit the court.” – My mom