Every week, the Louisville Women Sports Network highlights a local athlete by asking her 20 profile questions. This week’s athlete is Destinee Marshall. She plays for Kentucky Premier AAU Basketball and is a freshman at Sacred Heart Academy. If there is an athlete you’d like to read about, email suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) What is your number and why did you choose it?
30 because it reminds me of my favorite role player Stephen Curry
3) What is your favorite subject in school?
4) What are your academic goals?
To attend college and study veterinary medicine
5) What are your athletic goals?
To play at the Division I level and to one day play in the WNBA
6) What is your favorite athletic moment?
Winning state championship
7) What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
P3 (Portable Protein Pack)
8) What is your favorite Louisville restaurant?
9) What athlete do you most look up to? Why?
Maya Moore. Maya is positive, a great teammate, and she’s a beast on the court.
10) How have sports impacted and/or inspired your life?
Sports keep me focused and on the right path to achieving my goals.
11) What is your favorite movie?
“Tournament of Dreams”
12) If they made a movie about your life, what actor would play you?
13) What is your favorite TV show?
14) What song do you listen to when getting ready for a game?
“Wicked” by Future
15) What is your favorite book?
“The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle” by Avi
17) If you were on a desert island and could have one possession, what would it be?
18) Who do you consider to be today’s best female role model for young women?
19) If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
Maya Moore: During her college career playing for Coach Geno, did she ever feel like it’s too much or she wasn’t ready?
20) What is the best advice you have ever received and who gave it to you?
“Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and he will lift you up.” – James 4:10, Coach Bibb