Every week, the Louisville Women Sports Network highlights a local athlete by asking her 20 profile questions. This week’s athlete is Sydney Young. She is a member of the Louisville Cyclones ’01 softball team. She is also a sophomore at Assumption. If there is an athlete you’d like to read about, email suggestions to email@example.com.
“Syd” or “Skidney”. One of my little league coach’s sons gave it to me.
2) What is your number and why did you choose it?
5. I chose it when I was little because of Albert Pujols of St Louis Cardinals.
3) What is your favorite subject in school?
4) What are your academic goals?
Stay in school, get good grades, and go to college
5) What are your athletic goals?
I would love to play college ball and possibly longer.
6) What is your favorite athletic moment?
When we, Jtown All-Stars 12U, won the Babe Ruth state tournament
7) What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
8) What is your favorite Louisville restaurant?
9) What athlete do you most look up to? Why?
Tyler Ulis, formerly of UK, because he works so hard to be good at what he loves and because I like UK.
10) How have sports impacted and/or inspired your life?
They have made me a better leader, more organized, and [helped with] time management.
11) What is your favorite movie?
“The Blind Side”
12) If they made a movie about your life, what actor would play you?
The athletic superstar
13) What is your favorite TV show?
14) What song do you listen to when getting ready for a game?
Pre-game radio on Pandora
15) What is your favorite book?
“The Outsiders” by S.E. Hinton
16) What is your favorite color?
17) If you were on a desert island and could have one possession, what would it be?
Reese’s peanut butter
18) Who do you consider to be today’s best female role model for young women?
19) If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
Devin Booker – what type of candy does he like, and is he superstitious about it?
20) What is the best advice you have ever received and who gave it to you?
“Never give up, no matter what the circumstances are.” – One of my coaches