(Cover photo credit: Samantha Stallings)
Every week, the Louisville Women Sports Network highlights a local athlete by asking her 20 profile questions. This week’s athlete is Breia Torrens. She recently wrapped up her AAU basketball season. She is a senior who plays for Butler’s basketball team. If there is an athlete you’d like to read about, feel free to email us yours suggestions.
My nickname is “Bre”. I got from my teammates when we first started playing together.
2) What is your number and why did you choose it?
The number I usually wear is 3. I chose it because it was the first number I was ever given.
3) What is your favorite subject in school?
My favorite subject is math.
4) What are your academic goals?
My academic goals are to get a 4.0 GPA and to do well on all my tests.
5) What are your athletic goals?
My athletic goals are to to get a college scholarship and perform well in every game.
6) What is your favorite athletic moment?
My favorite athletic moment was winning my first state championship as a freshman and making the state All-Tournament team.
7) What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
My ideal meal before every game is sandwich and chips.
8) What is your favorite Louisville restaurant?
My favorite Louisville restaurant is Famous Dave’s.
9) What athlete do you most look up to? Why?
The athlete I look up to the most is Kyrie Irving because he’s a point guard who’s great at handling the ball, shooting, and seeing the floor.
10) How have sports impacted and/or inspired your life?
Sports have inspired me to work hard and have taught me many life lessons, such as working with different people and doing what it takes to be successful.
11) What is your favorite movie?
A few of my favorite movies are “The Notebook”, “Hunger Games”, “Coach Carter”, and “Remember the Titans”.
12) If they made a movie about your life, what actor would play you?
13) What is your favorite TV show?
My favorite TV shows are “Teen Wolf”, “The 100”, and “Are You The One?”
14) What song do you listen to when getting ready for a game?
“Consideration” by Rihanna
15) What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is “Unwind” by Neal Shusterman
16) What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is red.
17) If you were on a desert island and could have one possession, what would it be?
If I could have one possession, it would be my phone.
18) Who do you consider to be today’s best female role model for young women?
19) If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
I would pick Oprah and ask her how she became so successful in business.
20) What is the best advice you have ever received and who gave it to you?
The best advice I’ve ever received was that “being mentally strong and having confidence in yourself is extremely important in order to be successful.” My dad gave me this advice.