Name: Emma Spinetto
School: Assumption High School
Current Sport: Field Hockey
Position: Forward/ Mid
Class Year: 2017
My most common nickname is “Em” which is just short for my name, Emma.
2) What is your number and why did you choose it?
I am number 15. I chose it because I don’t like being first or last when they announce the players at games, so with 15 I’m in the middle.
3) What is your favorite subject in school?
My favorite subject is math because it’s my strongest, but I really love graphic design too.
4) What are your academic goals?
My academic goal for my senior year is to keep my 4.0!
5) What are your athletic goals?
My athletic goal for this season is to win the state championship!
6) What is you favorite athletic moment?
My favorite athletic moment is from my freshman year. I scored my first varsity goal, and the whole team was so excited for me. I will never forget it because one senior gave me a big hug and congratulated me.
7) What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
It depends on what time of day the game is, but I usually like to eat pretzels before games. If it’s a morning game, I usually eat a bagel.
8) What is your favorite Louisville restaurant?
I don’t really have a favorite, but I really like the Cheesecake Factory and Blaze Pizza.
9) What athlete do you most look up to? Why?
Alex Morgan because I’ve grown up watching her play on the U.S. women’s soccer team.
10) How have sports impacted and/or inspired your life?
Sports have helped me learn time management. Some of my friends really struggle with this, but I’ve learned how to balance sports, school, and a social life. I’m able to be in the highest level classes with a 4.0, hold a student government position, play a varsity sport, and hangout with my friends.
11) What is your favorite movie?
I’m not a big movie person, but I really like a new movie that just came out called Nerve.
12) If they made a movie about your life, what actor would play you?
13) What is your favorite TV show?
Either One Tree Hill or the Office.
14) What song do you listen to when getting ready for a game?
I always listen to We Own It by 2 Chainz because it was our team motto my freshman year.
15) What is your favorite book?
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen.
16) What is your favorite color?
It’s a tie between blue and purple.
17) If you were on a desert island and could have one possession, what would it be?
I’d want to have my phone for entertainment and that I way I could call/text people.
18) Who do you consider to be today’s best female role model for young women?
Beyoncé is a good famous role model because she’s driven, talented, smart, focused, and doesn’t let the press run her life. Another good role model some young women may not know about is Malala Yousifazi because she stands up for what she believes in.
19) If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
I would want to ask Martin Luther King Jr. if he was scared of being hurt/killed like he was because of what he was working towards.
20) What is the best advice you have ever received and who gave it to you?
My sophomore year I was having a hard time during season. I was frustrated with the way I was playing and was in a rut. My coach told me that I wasn’t playing for myself, and that I need to play for myself because I love the game and I want to, not because I’m being forced.