Every other week, the Louisville Women Sports Network highlights a local athlete by asking her 20 profile questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have suggestions for an athlete.
Name: Makinzee White
School: Assumption High School
Current Sport: Cheerleading
Class Year: 2019
1) What is your nickname and how did you get it? My nickname is Kinzee, it just happened over time and it just stuck.
2) What is your number and why did you choose it? N/A.
3) What is your favorite subject in school? Algebra because it has always been easy for me.
4) What are your academic goals? I want to study and do my best. I want to go to college someday and eventually go into orthodontics.
5) What are your athletic goals? I want to do my best and keep improving.
6) What is your favorite athletic moment? My favorite athletic moment was performing at Jamfest Super Nationals. It was so exciting and thrilling.
7) What is your ideal meal/snack before a game? I like to have a granola bar because it’s not that filling and can hold me over.
8) What is your favorite Louisville restaurant? Mussel and Burger Bar.
9) What athlete do you most look up to? Why? Ronda Rousey because she has proven that a women can be successful in any sport even if it’s predominantly male.
10) How have sports impacted and/or inspired your life? I have cheered since the first grade and it has helped me learn how to work with everyone and that you have to work to get what you want.
11) What is your favorite movie? My favorite movie is the Fifth Wave because I like action and science fiction.
12) If they made a movie about your life, what actor would play you? Mila Kunis because she is my favorite actress.
13) What is your favorite TV show? Big Brother
14) What song do you listen to when getting ready for a game? I normally listen to a pump up playlist but my favorite song is “Lose yourself” by Eminem.
15) What is your favorite book? The Maze Runner because you never knew what was going to happen next.
16) What is your favorite color? Blue because I’m a big fan of water.
17) If you were on a desert island and could have one possession, what would it be? A survival kit.
18) Who do you consider to be today’s best female role model for young women? Jennifer Lawrence because even though of the beauty standards, she’s still herself and has no shame of that.
19) If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask? I would ask Kelly Clarkson how she got through the tough times with her dad.
20) What is the best advice you have ever received and who gave it to you? The best advice I have ever received was from my mom and she told me to stop getting stressed out and stop overthinking the little things. This made me step back and me realize I was too caught up with the silliest of things to be able to enjoy the world around me.