Wish 2017 was held Monday night at the Crowne Plaza where over 400 people attended. WAVE3 News Anchor Connie Leonard emceed the event and Kentucky Lieutenant Governor Jenean Hampton was the featured speaker.
Athlete of the Year Mallory Comerford, Courage Award winner Haley Harkins, and Leadership Award winner Alan Jones all spoke.
Kentucky One Health, Sports Medicine, Kentucky National Guard, Kroger, Bill Collins Ford, UPS, WAVE3 News, Assured Partners, Becker Law Office, and Park Community Bank sponsored the event.
The team of the year honorees all went up to pick up their awards. Here a look at this year’s winners.
- Mallory Comerford (U of L Swimmer) – Athlete of the Year
- Mercy Softball – Inspirational Team of the Year
- Haley Harkins (Assumption Field Hockey) – Courage Award
- Alan Jones (Ballard Bowling and Softball coach) – Leadership Award
- Manual Basketball – Marlena Groves – Play of the Year
- Eastside Cheer – Junior Team of the Year
- Sacred Heart – Golf
- Butler – Basketball
- Manual – Cross Country
- Sacred Heart – Soccer
- Christian Academy – Cross Country
- Assumption – Field Hockey
- Bullitt Central – Archery
- Male – Track & Field
- North Oldham – Tennis
- Sacred Heart – Volleyball
- Assumption – Dance
- Kentucky Country Day – Lacrosse
- Bullitt East – Cheer
- Male – Softball
- Mercy – Bowling
- Sacred Heart – Swim