The fall sports season officially came to a close Sunday and the Louisville area was fortunate to crown several state champions. Here’s a look at all of the schools that brought home the big prize, the only girls sport Louisville didn’t win a state championship in was soccer.
- Sacred Heart’s golf team won its second straight state title and sixth in the past seven years in October. Ryan Bender won the individual state championship.
- Christian Academy won its first ever field hockey state championship with a 2-1 victory over Assumption last month.
- Assumption’s volleyball team won its 20th state championship this past weekend. The rest of the state has only won 19 state titles combined.
- Manual’s cross country team won its second straight team state this past weekend scoring 42 points to second-place Oldham County’s 74 points.
- Male’s Kaitlyn Lacy brought home the individual Class 3-A state title crossing the finish line in 18:03.09, just over 20 seconds ahead of Manual’s Alena Sapienza-Wright who finished second.