We are now 3-2 on the season as we enter the midway point of the year. We split our last two games. We beat Newburg last Thursday 47-30. It was a great atmosphere that night at Manual HS. I want to say “Thank You” to the Newburg boys basketball staff for putting that together. They had a DJ there playing music all night and brought someone in to announce the game, which was a great experience for the kids.
Earlier this week on Tuesday; we loss a tough one to Noe Middle 29-26.
We spent Wednesday getting ready for one of our Traditional Middle School rivals, Barret Middle, who we play on Thursday, Dec 7th at Male HS at 7:45pm. This game really comes down to can we take care of the ball vs their pressure. If we can, it should be a very entertaining game, but if we struggle and have too many turnovers that result in layups time after time, the game could become lopsided. So it’s very important in this matchup, we take care of the ball, strong with our dribble and making smart decisions with our passes. Barret plays with a lot of energy and we have to match that intensity as well and show the ability to play with passion and the mindset to compete throughout the game.
This weekend begins the JR Queen of Bluegrass Tournament, which will go from Friday, Dec 8th – Tuesday, Dec 12th. This tourney should lead to a potential Final on Tuesday, Dec 12th between Meyzeek vs winner of Ramsey/Johnson. All three teams enter the tournament as the only undefeated teams.
- 1st RD (upper bracket) – Friday, Dec 8th at Farnsley Middle at 3:30pm, 4:45pm, 6pm, 7:15pm
- 1st RD (lower bracket) – Saturday Dec 9th at Farnsley Middle at 11am, 12:15pm, 1:30pm, 2:45pm
- Quarterfinals – Sunday, Dec 9th at Western HS, in the Small Gym & Large Gym at 3:30pm & 4:45pm
- Semifinals – Sunday, Dec 9th at Western HS in Large Gym at 6:00pm & 7:15pm
- Final is Tuesday, Dec 12th at Fairdale HS at 5pm
GO LADY CENTURIONS!