LWSN highlights a local native that plays at the collegiate level every Monday. If you have a suggestion on a female athlete to highlight , send an email to email@example.com. This week’s feature is on former Sacred Heart golf star Maddie Hamilton who is entering her senior season at Notre Dame.
Maddie Hamilton is one of only two Sacred Heart golfers that went through the program and won a team state title every year.
Now, she’s about to enter her final season as an Irish golfer – a career that has already etched her name record by becoming the first women’s golfer in the program to ever shoot 65.
Last year was Hamilton’s best and here’s a look at her accomplishments.
- Finished the 2017-18 season with a 73.86 stroke average (second-lowest on the team).
- Carded seven under par rounds (two in the 60’s) and two at even par.
- Competed in all 10 of Notre Dame’s events in the 2017-18 season, starting in the top-five each tournament.
- Finished T-9th at the Schooner Fall Classic (Sept. 23-25), shooting rounds of 76-65-69=210 (-3).
- Finished T-4th at the Bettie Lou Evans Invitational (Oct. 6-8) tying her best ever finish at an event shooting rounds of 70-73-73=216 (E).
- Finished T-9th at the Clover Cup (Mar. 16-18) shooting rounds of 70-74-75=219 (+3).
- Finished T-20th at the ACC Championships (Apr. 21-23) shooting rounds of 73-74-75=222 (+6).