On a weekly basis, Louisville Women Sports post the KIVA “12 Questions” feature that highlights a volleyball student-athlete in the community. If there is a specific athlete that you’d like to know more about, email future suggestions to email@example.com
For 25 years KIVA has been home to volleyball players in the Louisville community. From club level training to Volleytots, we offer programs for all ages and levels. KIVA invites you to visit them at www.kivasports.net! Where champions come to train.
Name: Anna DeBeer
Current School: Assumption High School
Club Team: KIVA 17 Red
1. What got you started playing volleyball? I started playing in 1st grade while I was also doing gymnastics. A repetitive stress injury in gymnastics causing surgery led me to give volleyball another shot and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
2. What’s your favourite aspect of the game? My favorite aspect of the game is the competitive aspect. I have always been a competitive person and love competing with my teammates.
3. What is your favorite meal? My favorite meal is breakfast. I have to have a healthy breakfast to start off my day.
4. Who is your favourite player? Why? My favorite player to watch is Mikaela Foecke. As an outside hitter, I look up to her and admire her on how well rounded of a player she is.
5. What was the best coaching tip or advice you received to improve your game? The best coaching tip or advice I have received to improve my game is to not let one mistake effect the next play. Everyone makes mistakes and it is up to you on whether or not you push through and not bring your team down.
6. The most fun drill for you at practice is…? Why? The most fun drill for me at practice is any 6 vs. 6 drills. I love the drills that are very game like.
7. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be? If I could visit anywhere in the world, I would visit Paris.
8. Do you prefer playing offense or defense? Why? I love playing both offense and defense, but I prefer offense. Nothing is better than the feeling of finishing it off for your teammates.
9. If you could have a training session with one player or coach, who would it be and why? If I could have a training session with one player or coach, it’d be with Karch Kiraly, the head coach of the U.S. Women’s National Team, because he has a lot of knowledge and experience. I would love to hear what he has to say to improve my game.
10. I love volleyball because…? I love volleyball because it has taught me many life lessons, challenged me in many different ways, and given me endless lifelong relationships.
11. If you could be an animal what would it be and why? If I could be an animal, I would be a dog because they are always happy and can always relax.
What is your favorite experience/ moment playing volleyball? My favorite moment playing volleyball was when I got the final kill to win the KY State Championship for Assumption High School finishing an undefeated season with a record of 43-0 and being #1 in the nation.