On a weekly basis, Louisville Women Sports post the KIVA “12 Questions” feature that highlights a volleyball student-athlete in the community. If there is a specific athlete that you’d like to know more about, email future suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
For 25 years KIVA has been home to volleyball players in the Louisville community. From club level training to Volleytots, we offer programs for all ages and levels. KIVA invites you to visit them at www.kivasports.net! Where champions come to train.
Name: Kristen Clemons
Current School: Sacred Heart Academy
Club Team: KIVA 17 Red
1. What got you started playing volleyball? I started playing volleyball at Holy Trinity in 5th grade with my friends because it gave me something to do before basketball season.
2. What’s your favorite aspect of the game? I have always loved playing sports and I especially love the team aspect of volleyball. It is fun to see success when everyone plays a part.
3.What is your favorite meal? My favorite meal is Texas Roadhouse steak with a casear salad and fries
4. Who is your favorite player? Why? My favorite player is Paige Hammons. She obviously has a lot of talent, but I have a lot of respect for how hard she works too.
5. What was the best coaching tip or advice you received to improve your game? The best advice I have ever been given is to make the next play no matter what happened before.
6. The most fun drill for you at practice is…? Why? The most fun drill at practice for me is 3 v 3, because you are always involved and get a lot of touches.
7. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be? I would like visit the Holy Land someday because I would like to see where the historic biblical moments happened.
8. Do you prefer playing offense or defense? Why? I really like playing both, but I like defense because I think it leads to a stronger offense. A big block or a great dig builds momentum.
9. If you could have a training session with one player or coach, who would it be and why? I would love train with Olympic Beach volleyball player Kerri Walsh. She’s an awesome player with a lot of the knowledge and I would love to get her perspective on the game.
10. I love volleyball because…? I love volleyball because I have met a lot of great people and we have had the chance to experience the highs and the lows of the game together.
11. If you could be an animal what would it be and why? I would like to be a dolphin because they are smart, get to be in the water all the time, and enjoy the sunshine 🙂
12. What is your favorite experience/ moment playing volleyball? My favorite moment playing volleyball was winning the Nike Tournament of Champions in Phoenix my freshman year. It was my first tournament win at Sacred Heart and it was on my 15th birthday too.