On a weekly basis, Louisville Women Sports post the KIVA “12 Questions” feature that highlights a volleyball student-athlete in the community. If there is a specific athlete that you’d like to know more about, email future suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
For 25 years KIVA has been home to volleyball players in the Louisville community. From club level training to Volleytots, we offer programs for all ages and levels. KIVA invites you to visit them at www.kivasports.net! Where champions come to train.
Name: Lucy Malone
Current School: Sacred Heart Academy
Club Team: KIVA 16 White
- What got you started playing volleyball? I starting playing volleyball when I was 9 years old, and found it to be one of my favorite sports out of all the ones I played.
- What’s your favorite aspect of the game? I love defense and being involved in every point.
- What is your favorite meal? Buffalo Wings
- Who is your favorite player? Why? My favorite player is Bella Bowman because she sets a good example for a strong defensive player and an overall good team leader.
- What was the best coaching tip or advice you received to improve your game? I’ve always been taught to play my position and not rely on the block to make a strong defensive play.
- The most fun drill for you at practice is…? Why? I enjoy any drill that allows me to get good repetition and involves the entire team because I get to focus on bettering my skill set as well as team chemistry.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be? Australia
- Do you prefer playing offense or defense? Why? Defense because I like to keep the other team from scoring.
- If you could have a training session with one player or coach, who would it be and why? Morgan Hentz because she demonstrates what I believe a good Libero should be. She sacrifices her body for her team.
- I love volleyball because…? It is fun and I have gained many lifelong friendships along the way.
- If you could be an animal what would it be and why? A bird because I could fly and travel the world.
- What is your favorite experience/ moment playing volleyball? Being apart of a national championship team and placing 3rd in Nationals as well as being AAU MVP and being a member of the All Tournament Team.