On a weekly basis, Louisville Women Sports post the KIVA “12 Questions” feature that highlights a volleyball student-athlete in the community. If there is a specific athlete that you’d like to know more about, email future suggestions to email@example.com
For 25 years KIVA has been home to volleyball players in the Louisville community. From club level training to Volleytots, we offer programs for all ages and levels. KIVA invites you to visit them at www.kivasports.net! Where champions come to train.
Name: Olivia Lewis
Grade: 3rd Grade
Current School: St Paul Catholic School
Club Team: KIVA 10 Red
- What got you started playing volleyball? Growing up watching my older sisters play at school and KIVA
- What’s your favorite aspect of the game? I like serving, especially when its an ACE because my team gets excited.
- What is your favorite meal? Mac and Cheese
- Who is your favorite player? Why? My sister Haley. She helped teach me Volleyball
- What was the best coaching tip or advice you received to improve your game? to take my time when serving
- The most fun drill for you at practice is…? Why? Dig, tip, chase… it’s FUN!
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be? HAWAII
- Do you prefer playing offense or defense? Why? Offense, I like scoring points!
- If you could have a training session with one player or coach, who would it be and why? Ron, because I want to play at Assumption when I get to High School
- I love volleyball because…? It’s FUN and it’s my favorite sport.
- If you could be an animal what would it be and why? Dolphin so I can always be in the ocean swimming and playing
- What is your favorite experience/ moment playing volleyball? Making the 10 Red team as a 8 year old!