On a weekly basis, Louisville Women Sports post the KIVA “12 Questions” feature that highlights a volleyball student-athlete in the community. If there is a specific athlete that you’d like to know more about, email future suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
For 25 years KIVA has been home to volleyball players in the Louisville community. From club level training to Volleytots, we offer programs for all ages and levels. KIVA invites you to visit them at www.kivasports.net! Where champions come to train.
Name: Reese Houston
Grade: incoming 6th grader
Club Team : KIVA 11 Red
1. What got you started playing volleyball? My mom has been coaching volleyball since before I was born so I’ve grown up around it my whole life.
2. What’s your favorite aspect of the game? I like making new friends.
3. What is your favorite meal? sushi
4. Who is your favorite player? Why? Lauren Tharp – because I know her from her playing in high school and can watch her at UK and on TV. I love watching her play defense.
5. What was the best coaching tip or advice you received to improve your game? Mirror to my target
6. The most fun drill for you at practice is…? Why? Tennis/Germany drill. It is a lot of fun and hustle!
7. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be? Hawaii
8. Do you prefer playing offense or defense? Why? I prefer defense because that is the position that I play and you have to have a pass for a set and a kill.
9. If you could have a training session with one player or coach, who would it be and why? Craig Skinner because he seems to be very successful with his teams.
10. I love volleyball because…? I love volleyball because it is fun and I enjoy traveling for club ball.
11. If you could be an animal what would it be and why? A Cheetah because they are fast!
12. What is your favorite experience/ moment playing volleyball? My favorite experience is going to AAU Nationals and exchanging gifts with other teams.