On a weekly basis, Louisville Women Sports will post the Campbellsville University- Louisville “20 Questions” feature that highlights a high school senior student-athlete in the local high school community. If there is a specific athlete that you’d like to know more about, email future suggestions to email@example.com
Name: Rebecca Phelps
Current school: South Oldham High School
Current sport: Lacrosse
High school GPA: 3.68
1. What is your proudest athletic moment? My proudest athletic moment was our 2019 regional game against North because the team as a whole did very well but it was one of the best performances in a game that I’ve ever had.
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a game? My ideal meal before a game would be a chicken caesar wrap.
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your “go to” song? If I tried out for American Idol, my go to song would be Take it all by Adele
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level? Why? I look up to Megan Rapinoe on the US National soccer team because even though I don’t play soccer, I think she is a great role model and speaks up for her beliefs similar to mine.
5. What is your favorite movie quote? My favorite movie quote is “Mama says, ‘Stupid is as stupid does.'” from Forrest Gump.
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports? My faith impacts my approach to sports by making me more appreciative that I’m able to play.
7. What is your favorite cartoon character? My favorite cartoon character is Jake the Dog from Adventure Time.
8. All-time favorite board game? My all time favorite board game is Clue.
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry? Favorite app? I have an iPhone and my favorite app is Animal Crossing.
10. What is your favorite local restaurant? My favorite local restaurant is Cravings Byanca in Crestwood.
11. What is your favorite reality TV show? My favorite reality TV show is The Bachelor.
12. What is your greatest fear? My greatest fear is being unhappy in life.
13. What is your best quality/characteristic? My best quality is my seflessness.
14. Favorite junk/comfort food? My favorite junk food is frosted animal crackers.
15. What is your favorite hour of the day? Why? My favorite hour of the day is 12 pm because it’s usually when it starts getting warmest outside and it’s lunch time.
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it? My nickname is Becks or Becky. Some friends just started calling me that and it stuck.
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service? My favorite place to volunteer is my step mom’s work Senior Helpers because I get to help provide care for the seniors.
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess? One hidden talent I have is I can blow bubbles.
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one to travel forward or backward which would you select and why? If I could time travel I would choose to go forward to see where I end up in life.
20. If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask? If I could choose one person to ask a question to and have them answer honestly, I would ask Carole Baskin if she killed her first husband.