Guest blogger, Michael G. Moore Jr. gives his Month of May weekly entry of the “Next Up” series. Each week he will highlight a different youth basketball player from the area who will each be a name to remember in the years to come.
Players Name-Brianna Wilkins
Grade Going to- 7th grade
School attending in Fall-Crosby Middle
AAU Program-Kentucky Premier
Coming off an incredible 6th grade season at both JCPS Middle School division levels of (JV-6th/7th grade) and (Varsity-8th grade), sky is the limit for what her 7th grade season will bring.
She really stood out this past year on the 8th grade level and shocked many fans who saw Crosby play, when told she was only a 6th grader playing that well.
She is a lengthy guard with a very aggressive playing style offensively and good on ball defender.
She will have the potential option as a 7th grader to also play up for her home reside High School next season. That could be something where she can gain a lot of valuable experience vs older kids next year.
1) Who got you started playing b-ball? My Dad started me out playing at the YMCA and then later on my Dad’s friend, Coach Mike, introduced me to AAU for the first time.
2) Favorite WNBA player? Asia Durr
3) Favorite current College WBB player? Dana Evans
4) Favorite candy? Air Heads
5) Favorite restaurant? Cheddar’s
6) Favorite animated character? Spider man
7) Favorite sports movie? Thunderstruck
8) Routine before each game? Form shooting and listen to music
9) Most memorable b-ball moment so far? As a 6th grader playing in an 8th grade school game, I scored 28 points. Along with my team winning the JCPS JV (6th/7th Grade Division) City Championship.
10) If you could only achieve one, which would it be and why? HS state title, College WBB National Title or WNBA Title I would prefer a College WBB National Title and it would be even better doing that at U of L. So my friends and family could see the banner every time they went to YUM! Center.