Every week, the Louisville Women Sports Network highlights a local athlete by asking her 20 profile questions. This week’s athlete is Andrea Pena, a senior distance runner for this past season’s cross country team at Fern Creek. If there is an athlete you’d like to read about, email suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) What is your nickname and how did you get it?
2) What is your number and why did you choose it?
3) What is your favorite subject in school?
Math or English
4) What are your academic goals?
To be on the honor roll and be college-ready
5) What are your athletic goals?
To keep running in college
6) What is your favorite athletic moment?
The first time I finished a race
7) What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
8) What is your favorite Louisville restaurant?
Buffalo Wild Wings
9) What athlete do you most look up to? Why?
10) How have sports impacted and/or inspired your life?
It keeps me surrounded by people who care and a sense of purpose
11) What is your favorite movie?
“13 Going on 30”
12) If they made a movie about your life, what actor would play you?
13) What is your favorite TV show?
“Once Upon a Time”
14) What song do you listen to when getting ready for a game?
“Chandelier” by Sia
15) What is your favorite book?
“The Lovely Bones” by Alice Sebold
16) What is your favorite color?
17) If you were on a desert island and could have one possession, what would it be?
Airplane with jet fuel
18) Who do you consider to be today’s best female role model for young women?
19) If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
Elvis Presley: “If you were king, why didn’t you take over the world?”
20) What is the best advice you have ever received and who gave it to you?
“Don’t do good things that seem bad.” – My mom