Every week, the Louisville Women Sports Network highlights a local athlete by asking her 20 profile questions. This week’s athlete is Azaria Battle, a senior forward/center on Doss High’s basketball team. If there is an athlete you’d like to read about, email suggestions to email@example.com.
1) What is your nickname and how did you get it?
“A.Z.” It was easier for everyone to say rather than my full name.
2) What is your number and why did you choose it?
#3. I have always loved that number.
3) What is your favorite subject in school?
4) What are your academic goals?
Graduate in the top 10% of my class
5) What are your athletic goals?
Receive a scholarship to play in college
6) What is your favorite athletic moment?
Scoring my career-high 27 points.
7) What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
A salad with a bottle of water
8) What is your favorite Louisville restaurant?
Buffalo Wild Wings
9) What athlete do you most look up to? Why?
Honestly, I dont have a specific athlete I look up too. Any athlete who loves the sport they play and excels at it inspires me.
10) How have sports impacted and/or inspired your life?
Sports have given me many opportunities in life. Other than keeping me in shape, they have allowed me to make new friends and have taught me how to work together as a team.
11) What is your favorite movie?
“Hotel Transylvania 2”
12) If they made a movie about your life, what actor would play you?
Sanaa Lathan, who plays Monica Wright from “Love & Basketball”
13) What is your favorite TV show?
Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
14) What song do you listen to when getting ready for a game?
“Milly Rock” by 2 Milly
15) What is your favorite book?
“Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen
16) What is your favorite color?
17) If you were on a desert island and could have one possession, what would it be?
18) Who do you consider to be today’s best female role model for young women?
19) If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
I would asked Michael Jackson how he dealt with everyone’s criticism and if would he do anything differently to change his image.
20) What is the best advice you have ever received and who gave it to you?
“Work hard no matter what it is that you are doing. You never know who’s watching.” – Mom and Dad