Every week, the Louisville Women Sports Network highlights a local athlete by asking her 20 profile questions. This week’s athlete is Megan Banks, a junior swimmer for Shelby County High. If there is an athlete you’d like to read about, email suggestions to email@example.com.
1) What is your nickname and how did you get it?
“Meeg”, “Meegan”. My old coach watched a YouTube video of “Key and Peel” and they were shouting “Meeggannn!”, so he started calling me that.
2) What is your number and why did you choose it?
Don’t have a number
3) What is your favorite subject in school?
Anatomy, any of the biomedical classes
4) What are your academic goals?
My academic goals are to get as close to a 4.0 GPA as possible by the end of high school, to get accepted into a good college or university, and hopefully get scholarships.
5) What are your athletic goals?
My athletic goal is to hopefully swim in college.
6) What is your favorite athletic moment?
My favorite athletic moment was every chance I got to bond with my team.
7) What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
Protein bar or banana
8) What is your favorite Louisville restaurant?
My favorite Louisville restaurant is Macaroni Grill.
9) What athlete do you most look up to? Why?
Rebecca Soni because she swims breaststroke really well and it inspires me.
10) How have sports impacted and/or inspired your life?
Playing a sport has helped me become more of a leader and be organized.
11) What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie is “Lilo & Stitch” and “The Lion King”.
12) If they made a movie about your life, what actor would play you?
13) What is your favorite TV show?
My favorite TV show is “Grey’s Anatomy”
14) What song do you listen to when getting ready for a game?
I listen to various songs, but I either listen to Christian or pop songs that would give me adrenaline.
15) What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is “Looking for Alaska” by John Green
16) What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is blue.
17) If you were on a desert island and could have one possession, what would it be?
If I was on a desert Island, I would use a multi-purpose pocket knife.
18) Who do you consider to be today’s best female role model for young women?
My mom and Rebecca Soni
19) If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
My great-grandma Jewel: “What was your favorite historical moment in any part of the 1900s?
20) What is the best advice you have ever received and who gave it to you?
“Just be the best you can be.”- My mom