Last year, the inaugural Women In Sports Honors (WISH) saw nearly 600 coaches, athletes, administrators, and general public gather to celebrate the achievements and contributions of our area’s female athletes. WISH is the first event of its kind in the city of Louisville – and this year will be even bigger and better!
The 3rd annual WISH will take place on Monday, September 25th, 2017 at the Crowne Plaza in Louisville, KY. Doors open at 6:15pm and dinner will be served at 7pm.
Hosted by WAVE 3’s Connie Leonard, this illustrious event will include a table-seating dinner, VIP reception, cash bar until 7 p.m., and award ceremony. Guests will include athletes, families of athletes, coaches, administrators, and business and community leaders.
Produced by the Louisville Women’s Sports Network, WISH is presented by KentuckyOne Health Sports Medicine and Kroger. It is supported in part by Bill Collins Ford, WAVE 3 News, UPS, and Alpha Media.
2017 WISH AWARDS
* Athlete of the Year – Mallory Comerford, University of Louisville Swimming
* Leadership Award – Alan Jones, Ballard High School
* Courage Award – Haley Harkins, Assumption Field Hockey
* Inspirational Team of the Year – Mercy Softball
* Junior Team of the Year – Eastside Middle School Cheerleading
*Team Recognition Awards will also be presented, and the “Play of the Year” will be highlighted
Join us for this first-class, elegant and powerful night of celebration! Individual tickets are $60; tables of 8 are $455. Tickets can be purchased through our marketing and operations assistant Katie Loos at email@example.com.
Forty percent of all athletic participants are female, yet only 4% of sports media coverage is dedicated to women’s athletics. So we’re changing the game! Join us at WISH as we continue to promote our #40and4 awareness campaign in an effort to cover and celebrate our city’s most talented and deserving female athletes.
Monday, September 25, 2017
Crowne Plaza Airport, Louisville
– Hosted by WAVE 3’s Connie Leonard
– Guests to include athletes, coaches, administrators, families of athlete, and community leaders
– Awards presented to women athletes and contributors
– Table seating dinner
– VIP reception
– Cash bars for attendees until 7 p.m.
– Produced by Louisville Women’s Sports Network